Now Offering Wellness Appointments!
We are excited to announce that beginning in May we will begin scheduling wellness appointments on Thursdays!
We have realized for quite a while that due to the number of clients that we now serve in our practice, many days we have longer than desired wait times. We appreciate the fact that your trust in us has made us busy enough to make our wait times an issue and we apologize for the inconvenience this causes. This has been a concern for some time, but due to logistical restraints and our continued commitment to be available to our patients on a first come first serve basis we have not been able to implement a strategy to reduce the wait times, until now.
With that in mind, starting in May we will actualize our new plan and begin to schedule wellness and vaccine visits on Thursdays. We will still be accepting walk-ins as we always have, but on Thursdays, one of our doctors will be dedicated to puppy/kitten visits, annual exams, and vaccine appointments.
Here are some important details to note about wellness appointments:
- We will still accept walk-ins for both sick and well visits as we always have, every day.
- We will continue to have 3-4 doctors at the clinic Monday through Friday, and 2 doctors on Saturdays. On Thursdays, we will schedule appointments and only one doctor will be seeing wellness appointments while the rest will continue to see patients on a first come first serve basis.
- We will only be taking appointments for wellness appointments which include puppy/kitten visits, annual exams, and vaccine appointments.
- Appointment availability is limited.
- We will not be scheduling appointments for sick visits at this time because sick appointments consistently take longer than the time allotted for wellness visits. This will ensure that our appointment schedule stays on track and that wait times are minimal for clients with appointments. If your visit requires longer than the time allotted due to a medical concern or ailment, we will place your pet in line to be seen with the normal walk-in patients.
- Only one doctor per day will be assigned to wellness appointments, so you may not be able to request a specific doctor for your vaccine appointment.
- For your convenience, you may schedule all necessary visits for your new puppy or kitten's full course of vaccines at one time so that you can plan ahead for all of the visits.
Our goal with this new policy is to be able to serve our clients and patients in a more efficient manner. We have chosen this strategy to better accommodate everyone's busy schedule while also continuing our availability for walk-in visits as we always have. By adapting this new wellness appointment schedule we hope to streamline the process of routine visits. Likely this will reduce the wait time for both those who are able to schedule appointments and those who come as walk-ins.
As always, we appreciate you trusting Boulevard Animal Hospital with your pets and look forward to seeing you in the future.
To schedule your pet's wellness appointment, please call us at (704) 482-2508 and one of our Receptionists will be happy to assist you.